Grand National 2024 Sweepstake Kit | Free PDF to Print
Every year the nation is gripped by the spectacle that is the Grand National, and you can add to the excitement by downloading your free 2024 Grand National sweepstake kit to use at work or with friends and family.
The 34 Grand National Runners will be confirmed on the Thursday before the race, so you can expect to see an updated free sweepstake kit to to print and share by the afternoon of 11th April. Whether you’re a regular or a complete novice, have some fun by organising a Grand National sweepstake, and check out our horse-by-horse Grand National runners guide for some insight into whether you’ve picked a likely winner.
How your Grand National sweepstake kit works
Here’s our step-by-step guide to running a 2024 Grand National sweepstake.
- Round up a group of friends, family or colleagues. The wider the pool, the better, so you ideally have one horse for each of the 34 people taking part in your 2024 Grand National sweepstake.
- Decide how much it costs to enter your Grand National sweepstake, alongside the prizes that will be won, so everyone knows what’s at stake. As a suggestion, you could charge £2 to pick a horse, making a £74 pot. Your Grand National sweepstake winner could then take £35, with £20 going to the runner-up, £10 for third place, £5 for fourth spot and the remaining £4 saved for the owner of the final horse to finish.
- Print two copies of the Grand National sweepstake kit page. Keep one copy so you can write down everyone’s horses and cut out the runners from the other copy. Fold them and put them into a hat (or another suitable container).
- Now ask everyone entering to randomly draw one of the Grand National sweepstake horses. As they do so, add their names to the the Grand National sweepstake kit page, so you have a record of who has which horse.
- As people pick the sweepstake horses, you can check our Grand National runners page to give them an idea of their chances and increase the anticipation ahead of the race.
- Make sure you sell all the horses. If you have some left after everyone has brought a horse, check if anyone wants a second or third Grand National sweepstake horse!
If you’re one for statistics, odds, calculated risk, sweepstakes mightn’t be enough excitement. Take your bets one step further:
Grand National sweepstake FAQ
You may still have some questions relating to a Grand National sweepstake, so we’ll answer the most common questions below.
What time is the Grand National sweepstake?
The horses that are running in the Grand National will be confirmed on the Thursday before the race. We will update our free sweepstake kit shortly after this, so you will have plenty of time to carry out the Grand National sweepstake on the eve of the race.
How to do Grand National sweepstake at work?
Although the intricacies of a Grand National sweepstake may way, the basic process is actually very straightforward. Simply print off the horse names, cut them up and put them into a pot before asking your friends or colleague to pick their selections randomly.
How to do a virtual Grand National sweepstake?
The process of carrying out a virtual Grand National sweepstake is fairly similar to doing the sweepstake in person. Rather than having your colleagues pick out their horses, you can either draw the horses from a hat on their behalf or use a random number generator.
Do you get any money for 5th place in the Grand National?
Most bookmakers and betting sites will pay out on each way bets if your horse finishes in fifth place nowadays. Some may even stretch to the top six places, but ultimately it is up to you how to divide your Grand National sweepstake pot.
*We hope you enjoyed the selection bookies we recommended! Just to be clear, grandnational.org.uk may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.