How to bet on the Grand National online
grandnational.org.uk is an independent professional comparison site supported by referral fees from the sites which are ranked on the site. The sites and information we present are from companies from which grandnational.org.uk receives compensation. This compensation may impact the rankings of the sites. Other factors, including our own opinions, your location, and the likelihood of signing up, may also impact how the ranking of the sites appears to a particular user. grandnational.org.uk cannot and does not present information about every betting site or betting site offer available.
If you’re a seasoned pro at betting on the Grand National, this guide might already be on your radar. If you’re not familiar with betting online, or simply want to know how to put a bet on the Grand National online, read on for your one-stop guide to Grand National Betting online, as we’ve got several pointers you won’t want to miss.
Today, there are many Grand National bookmakers to pick from so it can appear intimidating at first glance. But with so much choice comes value, and with that comes a better chance of finding the best online bets for the Grand National, and betting offers for the Grand National.
How to bet online on the Grand National 2023 – Best betting sites
Well-known names like William Hill, Paddy Power, Betfair and Betfred are just some of the big bookmakers that punters latch onto around the time of the Grand National, and you can’t go too far wrong with one of these respected firms. These bookmakers will have dedicated 2023 Grand National offers, but the process of how to bet on the Grand National online is exactly the same, no matter the bookmaker. See our recommended bookmakers for putting a bet on the Grand National:
Skybet Grand National OffersGrand National Betting Offers
How to place a bet on the Grand National online: step-by-step
Every bookmaker has a unique layout, but the step-by-step process for how to place a bet on the Grand National online will be largely identical across the board.
- Most links you click through from grandnational.org.uk will take you to a landing page, where there will invariably be a button inviting you to ‘register here’, ‘open an account’, or something similar.
- Clicking the above button should open a registration screen, where you can enter your personal details, and welcome bonus code if one exists. You can also enter your card details and deposit if you prefer, or alternatively wait until the bet confirmation stage. Either way, the secure padlock icon should be clear on payment pages to reassure you that your betting funds are safe.
- Once registered, you will be asked to log in again, to ensure your email has been verified, and your account name and password have been entered correctly.
- You’ll now be on the homepage, so your next step is to look for the Grand National, or whichever event you’d like to view and bet on. If you’re visiting the bookmaker on the day of the race, there’ll be links direct to the betting market. Alternatively, it will be straightforward to navigate to the race via ‘horse racing’, and then either an ‘ante-post’ or an ‘Aintree’ menu entry.
- Next, find the exact market and selection you’d like to bet on. This will more than likely be the Grand National winner market, but you may want to consider specials markets too, such as the total horses to finish.
- Once you’ve decided your selections, click on them to add them to your betslip. Then enter your stake and decide whether you want to back your horse to win the Grand National outright, or each-way.
- Finally, confirm your selection. That’s it! You now know to place a bet on the Grand National online, so let the excitement build as the race approaches.
Are betting shops open for the Grand National?
Betting shops will be open for the Grand National, but you can place your bets online and shop around. If you’re new to a particular bookmaker, most will offer a generous free bet bonus in the days before the race.
These vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. So, be sure to check the terms and conditions, but a common one will be a straight-forward matched bet. For example, deposit ££ and that bookmaker will match that deposit amount up to a certain amount.
Be sure to shop around as almost all bookmakers will have some sort of welcome offer for new customers!
Grand National free bet tips – The early bird catches the free bets
Top Tip – With there being a flood of new customers ahead of the Grand National each year, some bookmakers will temporarily freeze their new customer sign-up offers.
This is due to most of these new customers only betting once-a-year in the Grand National. They claim a free Grand National bet and never bet again.
Make sure you open your new bookmaker account a few weeks before the Grand National is run in April. This way, bookies won’t suspect you’re a ‘once-a-year’ Grand National punter. So, you can grab their normal joining offers. Though, some will do specific Grand National offers nearer the time of the race. Be sure to look out for any Grand National offers as these can certainly help you.
Grand National bet type
- Grand National non-runner, no bet – Most of the main bookmakers, like William Hill, Unibet and Paddy Power will start to offer ‘Non-runner, no bet’ a few weeks before the big race. This means that should you place a bet and your horse doesn’t run they will refund your stake.
- Grand National faller offers – Shop around nearer the time, but you will generally find a few bookmakers with this offer. Should your horse fall, unseat or be brought down, you’ll get a free bet up to a certain amount (normally £10, £20 or £25). T&Cs always apply according to different bookmakers.
- Grand National extra place offers – Being a handicap that will certainly have more than 16 runners (the max is 40), the normal place terms for a race of this nature are 4 places. However, in recent years, some online bookmakers have stretched to 5, 6 or even 7 places.
- Grand National placed finish refunds – Another Grand National offer that has been popular with some bookmakers over the years. So, if you place a ‘win Grand National bet’ and your horse doesn’t win, but is placed (top 4), you’ll be refunded your stake (up to a set limit).
Again, be sure to check the terms of any of these place offers as some might have limited stakes. But this is certainly a decent Grand National offer to have on your radar. After all, why would you place an each-way bet on the Grand National with a bookmaker that offer the standard 4 places, if some were paying out on fifth, sixth or seventh?
How do I find the Grand National bet market, runners or odds online?
A lot will depend on when you are placing your Grand National bet.
The big bookmakers will have the next Grand National market on their site all through the year. Therefore, even though the race is run each year in April should you have a fancy before that (or at any time during the year) you can place a bet on the Grand National ante-post market.
You can find the Grand National market on most bookmaker sites by heading to their ‘Horse Racing’ section. Look for Ante post (or future races). If you are placing your Grand National bet on the day of the race, you need to head to ‘Today’s Racing’ or ‘Today’s Races’. At the moment the Grand National is run at 5:15pm.
Once you’ve found the 2023 Grand National odds and runners, the current odds will be next to each horse name. Simply click on the odds and your selection (plus odds) will be added to ‘bet slip’. Then open this betslip and enter your preferred stake and bet type (win or each-way) – then confirm the bet. Most bookmakers will also give you the calculation on winnings at this point too.
*Best bookmakers is based solely on the recommendations of our writers.
Grand National latest odds 2023
Here you can find the latest ante-post Grand National odds from your favourite UK bookies and place your Grand National bets online directly from here!
|Noble Yeats||20/1||Bet with|
|Farouk D’alene||20/1||Bet with|
|Any Second Now||25/1||Bet with|
|Ahoy Senor||33/1||Bet with|
|Delta Work||33/1||Bet with|
|Win My Wings||33/1||Bet with|
|Chantry House||33/1||Bet with|
|Secret Reprieve||33/1||Bet with|
|Kitty’s Light||25/1||Bet with|
|Lifetime Ambition||33/1||Bet with|
|The Galloping Bear||33/1||Bet with|
|Corach Rambler||33/1||Bet with|
|Enjoy D’Allen||40/1||Bet with|
|Longhouse Poet||40/1||Bet with|
|Escaria Ten||40/1||Bet with|
|Gericault Roque||40/1||Bet with|
|Sam Brown||50/1||Bet with|
|Snow Leopardess||50/1||Bet with|
|Burrows Saint||50/1||Bet with|
|Minella Times||50/1||Bet with|
|Run Wild Fred||33/1||Bet with|
|Mac Tottie||50/1||Bet with|
|Time To Get Up||50/1||Bet with|
|Gaillard Du Mesnil||50/1||Bet with|
|Lord Lariat||50/1||Bet with|
|Fury Road||50/1||Bet with|
|Highland Hunter||50/1||Bet with|
|Freewheelin Dylan||100/1||Bet with|
Download our Grand National Betting Guide
There’s certainly plenty to get excited about when placing your Grand National bets online.
Other useful pages
We hope you now know how to bet on the Grand National online, but at grandnational.org.uk we’ve got your other needs catered for too. Find out more about odds, and learn how to bet on-course, for a stress-free experience when you’re experiencing horse racing at a racecourse in person.
*We hope you enjoyed the selection bookies we recommended! Just to be clear, grandnational.org.uk may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.