Grand National Free Bets
To help encourage customers to sign-up with them, many leading bookmakers offer Grand National free bets before the big race, this year run on Saturday, April 10th. This is a great way for new players to get involved in Grand National betting each year at a fraction of the cost.
Betting on the Grand National 2021
Billed as the biggest betting race on the planet, the Aintree Grand National, which is run each year on April 10th, attracts millions of pounds of bets. Seasoned horse racing fans, as well as ‘once-a-year’ punters, flock to the high street bookmakers or open new online betting accounts to get involved Grand National betting. The 2021 Grand National will be no different and with more bookmakers than ever before there are numerous Grand National free bets to take advantage of.
The 2018 & 2019 Grand National winner – Tiger Roll – went off as the favourite for the 2019 Grand National and became the first horse since Red Rum in 1974 to win the world’s greatest steeplechase in back-to-back years.
This Gordon Elliott-trained 9-year-old went off as one of the shortest-priced Grand National favourites in recent times, and was sure to carry the bulk of the 2019 Grand National bets.
Given he won’t be back in the 2021 Grand National, there are some new favourites on the block: See live odds for the Grand National 2021 Favourites here:
Recommended bookmakers for Grand National Free Bets
Below is a list of recommended bookmakers with Grand National Free Bets and other betting offers:
Grand National Special Offers Free Bets, NRNB, Best Odds Guaranteed, Extra Places
- £30 SPORT & CASINOCUSTOMERS WILL BE AWARDED £15 IN FREE BETS AND £15 IN FREE SPINS FOR CASINO AND VEGAS. NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY, FREE BETS VALID FOR 3 DAYS. FREE SPINS VALID FOR 30 DAYS. T&Cs APPLY
- Bet £10, Get £20 In Free Bets18+. New members. £10 min deposit & bet on sportsbook, placed & settled at 1.5 min odds within 14 days of sign-up. Win part of E/W bets. 2 non-withdrawable £10 Free Bet Tokens: accept in 7 days, valid for 7 days from acceptance (ex. E/Ws & Multiples), stakes not returned. Click here for Rules & Exclusions. Bet Responsibly. BeGambleAware.org
- Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
- BET £10 GET £20 IN FREE BETS + FREE BET IF 2ND TO SP FAVMobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. First bet only. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out/Free Bets bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. New UK customers (Excluding NI) only. One Free Bet offer per customer, household and IP Address only. 18+ T&C's Apply. **18+. UK/IRE customers only. Max refund £/€20. Win or win part of e/w outright singles only. 5 or more runners. 1st bet on each race. Free bet expires after 7 days. Free/void/antepost bets don't qualify. Unnamed 2nd Favs don’t qualify. T&Cs apply
- Boost Three Accas! Every Customer, Every Week.Customers will receive 3 x Odds Boost tokens each week. Odds Boost tokens will expire 7 days after crediting. Odds Boost tokens will be applied at 12pm UK time each Monday.Maximum stake of £10 per token. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Full T&Cs Apply.
- Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK & Irish RacingApplies to WIN and Each Way bets on Race Winner market on UK & Irish Horse racing only. Offer is not applicable for Ante-Post bets or Daily Racing Specials. Customers depositing with Moneybookers or Neteller will not be eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed. The maximum additional payout as a result of Best Odds Guaranteed is capped at £25,000 per customer, per day across all channels. Full T&Cs Apply.
- Bet £20 on Virtuals Get £5 Sports Free BetCustomers must stake a total of £/€20 + at odds of 2.0+ on Virtual sports before 23:59 BST Sunday each week to qualify. £/€5 free bet will be credited Monday, use within 3 days, Stake not returned. Full T&Cs Apply.
- Best odds guaranteed on all UK & Irish RacingBest odds guaranteed does not apply to antepost, international racing (unless states), enhanced accumulators or any other special markets. Bets must be placed the hours of 12pm and 9:30pm on the day of the actual race to qualify. The max increase per bet or per race as a result of the offer is capped at £/E2000.
- GET UP TO £100 IN FREE BETSNew customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. Payment restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.
- Best Odds GuaranteedApplies to bets placed from 8.30 am the day of the race up to a max benefit of £/€250 per customer/per race. Does not apply to ante-post betting or any other specials. Applies to all singles and multiples including Lucky 15/31/63, Qualifying bets must be made using your own funds Trixies, Patents, Yankees etc. T&C's apply.
- Money Back as Free Bet if Second to the FavouriteApplies to Every UK/IRE Race Every Day! Min 6 Runners Required. Max Free Bet £10 per race. The free bet can be used on all QuinnSports events at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater.A multiple combination of bets such as a Trixie/Patent/Yankee is not permissible with the free bet, however any bet that is a straight accumulator such as a Double, Treble, 4-fold etc is. T&Cs apply (18+).
- Bet £10 Get £40 - £30 In Free Sports Bets+ £10 Casino BonusNew customers using promo code M40 only. 1x per customer. Min £/€10 bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Free bets of 2 x £/€15 issued after first qualifying bet settles. Max £/€10 Bonus. 35x wagering requirement. Max redeemable bonus: £25. Casino bonus expires after 72 hours. UK & Eire only. Additional T&Cs, including free-bet, game, location, payment method and stake contributions apply.
- £30 IN FREE BETS + £10 CASINO BONUSMin deposit of £/$/€10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$/€10 • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expires after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time • Withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply
- Best Odds Guaranteed on UK and Irish Horse RacingOnly UK and Ireland meetings are eligible • 18+ • Only registered members from UK and Ireland can take part in this offer • BOG icon must be displayed on betslip to qualify • Cash stakes only • Withdrawal restrictions and full T&Cs apply
- Bet £10 on the first race Get £5 for every other race on the card *This offer fits an 8 races meeting. Bet on the first and get x7 free bets for the other 7 racesNew customers only • £10 deposit using promo code • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & full T&C’s apply
- Bet £10 on the first race Get £5 for every other race on the cardNew customers only • £10 deposit using promo code • Minimum stake £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) • Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free bet stakes not included in returns • Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. withdrawal restrictions & Full T&C’s apply
- 4 To Win - Free horse racing predicto18+. UK&IE only. A valid Betway account is required to participate in the promotion. The total prize pot each day is £/€1,000 with an increased jackpot on ITV meetings. Customers’ selections must be confirmed and submitted before the start of the first eligible race of the day. Promotion is valid until the first eligible race of the day. T&C’s apply.
- Get up to £10 in Free BetsNew UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Full Terms apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way.
- Up to £20 Free Bet If Your First Settled Bet Doesn't WinNew Customers. First settled bet £/€10 (£10 E/W+) - £/€20 (£20 E/W+) at odds 2.0+ qualifies. If first settled bet loses, free bet credited within 24 hours of bet settlement, use within 7 days, Stake not returned. Full T&Cs
Grand National 2021 Free Bets Offers
Paddy Power: see the Grand National Free Bets
Betfair: See the Grand National Free Bets
William Hill: see the Grand National Free Bets
Betfred: See the Grand National Free Bets
Plenty of the leading bookmakers like – William Hill, Coral, Ladbrokes, Betfair, Betfred, bet365 and Paddy Power will have many 2021 Grand National betting offers for customers to make full use of.
New customers are generally rewarded with a free bet to encourage them to join. Be sure to check the terms and conditions on each offer as each bookmaker will have slightly different Grand National betting offers.
TOP TIP: With a lot of ‘once-a-year- punters just coming out to place bets on the 2021 Grand National then some bookmakers might remove their free bet sign-up offers in the days before the race.
This is to stop people that only bet on the Grand National signing up and using the free bet, but never placing bets with that firm again.
If, however, you are a bit more of a recreational bettor that only likes to bet on the Grand National, then the top tip is to make sure you sign-up to your preferred bookmaker a week or so in advance. This way you will still get in before the bookmaker might take down their free bet – leaving you the chance to cash in on any Grand National free bets.
Simply, sign-up and adhere to their terms to get your free bet then either place a Grand National bet in advance (ante-post) using your free bet or if your Grand National free bet doesn’t have an expiry date use it on the day.
Grand National Enhanced Odds Offers
As well as Grand National free bets a lot of bookmakers will also offer enhanced odds on the Grand National – meaning if you shop around you may well be able to get 10/1 on a horse that most of the other firms are offering 8/1 on. These offers are generally available to new and existing customers. Flash odds, from the likes of William Hill and happy hour promotions, are often where you will find these enhanced offers on Grand National odds, mainly in the days leading up to the day and a lot more on the actual day of the Grand National.
Enhanced place terms are other 2021 Grand National offer to look for. With 40 runners then finding the winner of the race can be hard enough so a lot of punters opt to place their bets each-way. This basically means you are placing a bet on the horse to win and the horse to place (finish in the top four). The stake is split evenly across the two bets, so a £5 each-way Grand National bet on a horse will cost £10 in total (£5 on the win and £5 on the place)
With the Grand National being a handicap race with 16 or more runners then the each-way place terms are for the first four places. However, a lot of bookmakers will offer enhanced place terms to, again, encourage you to bet with them.
Many will increase the place terms to five places, with some going six and seven, while it’s not unheard of to the odd bookmaker to payout on the top 9 or even 10 places if they are feeling particularly generous.
Do note though, that even though they might be offering extra place terms be sure to check the prices as some bookmakers will lower their odds in order to counteract the extra places they are paying out on.
Another popular Grand National free bet offer to give customers back their money should their horse fall or unseat in the race. With 40 horses and 30 tricky fences to jump there are often a lot of runners that fall, get brought down or unseat their jockey, meaning this is a great offer to look out for. Note, it will only be up to a set amount though.
Grand National Free Bet Tips
There are many Grand National trends and stats that have built up over the years so these are always worth noting in the build-up to the 2021 Grand National.
By using these key trends, we are looking for the best profiles of horses that have won the Grand National in the past. After all if a certain age or weight of the horse has a better record than others it surely must be something to take into account – right?
Some big Grand National tips to look out for are that we’ve not seen a back-to-back winner of the race since 1974, but the 2018 winner – Tiger Roll – overcame the trend in 2019.
We also don’t see many 7 year-olds winning the race – the last one was back in 1940, but year-after-year punters will still back horses of this age. Other Grand National tips to look for are that 28 of the last 29 winners ran no more than 55 days ago, while 25 of the last 29 Grand National winners have won no more than six times over fences. It could also be significant that 10 of the last 12 GRAND National winners were making their debuts in the race, so having run previously in the race isn’t always positive.
Grand National Free Bets FAQ
1. Grand National Tips: Where can they be found?
There are plenty of Grand National tips and trends to take into the race. Find the best winning profile by applying our key Grand National trends to the race.
2. Bookies Tips Grand National
Sign-up to the free bet offers days or weeks before the race as many will take these offers down. Shop around for the best prices and if betting each-way always look for enhanced place terms.
3. Grand National Offers
Check out our Grand National Betting Offers page for the latest free bets, enhanced odds and other horse racing offers from the top UK bookmakers.
4. Grand National Preview 2021
For pre-race previews, check out our Grand National News section.
5. Grand National 2021 Runners
Here you can find a list of Grand National 2021 runners and riders.
6. Grand National 2021 Odds
Find the best ante-post odds with the top UK bookmakers at our Grand National Ante-post Outlook page.